We, the Academic Vertical of Symbiosis Institute of Business Management, Hyderabad, consist of Six Clubs, namely 7PM – The Marketing Club, Humanalaya – The Human Resources Club, MINT Club – The Finance Club, Opsera – The Operations Club, InkQuisitive – The Literature Club and Samarthya, all of which are dedicated towards uplifting the academic experience in the campus.
The main objectives of the Vertical are:
- To enhance in-class learning by organizing various events that allow students for a practical application of concepts studied.
- Provide Academic Support to any and every one.
- Solve grievances related to Academics.
- Act as a bridge for smooth communication between students and faculties.
- Arrange industrial visits to facilitate experiential learning.
- Overall development of the students through activities, interactions.
All the six clubs conduct their independent events during SIBM Hyderabad’s Annual Cultural and Management Fest, Firande which test the participants’ skills in various domains from across the country. From 7 PM’s Marketeneur to Humanalaya’s cHakRavyuha 2K19, from MINT Club’s FinTango to Opsera’s Opereshon with InkQuisitive’s Odyssey and Samarthya’s Agamya, the Vertical organize events that allow students from all across India fight it out for handsome cash prizes by applying their domain skills through teamwork, coordination and decision making skills.
The main attraction of the Academics Vertical is the Academic Week which is conducted annually. In the Academic Week, all Six clubs come together to organize events to make the new batches familiar with the specializations in a fun and engaging manner. From 7 PM’s Battle of Brands to Humanalaya’s HR Pedia 3.0, from MINT Club’s Symbiosis Stock Exchange to Opsera’s OPTIMA 2K19, with InkQuistive’s Game of Houses and Samarthya’s Megamind: Spectrum of K, the Vertical demonstrates some basic domain concepts, cross-domain interactions and the need for presentation and communication skills through fun-filled events.